1.Name of association
Society of International School & Events Photographers
The Societies of Photographers’ objectives shall be to provide co-operation between and act generally in the common interest of the Members in all matters concerning their photography and to give assistance to individual members where appropriate.
3. Rules of membership
(a) Membership of The Societies of Photographers, shall be open to persons who are engaged in full-time photography, or are aspiring photographers, shall be accepted into membership by the secretary of The Societies of Photographers.
(b) A member may withdraw from the ‘SOCIETY’ by giving clear notice in writing prior to their next annual subscriptions falling due, to The Societies of Photographers, such notice shall not be deemed to have been received unless acknowledge by The Societies of Photographers in writing. On expiry of such notice such members shall forfeit all benefits and interest in the ‘SOCIETY’ as from that date, but shall be liable for any unsatisfied dues or commitments towards the ‘SOCIETY’ including full memberships fees for the year in which the resignation becomes effective.
Membership is non refundable. Once a member has joined The Societies of Photographers their membership will run for the period stated on the application form. A member may withdraw from membership at any time but their fee for the current year will not be refunded.
Annual and Monthly memberships that are on an automatic renewal, such as Direct Debit or Paypal are due on the anniversary of joining. To cancel these membership options you will need to cancel your payment plan at source as well as giving clear notice in writing to The Societies of Photographers.
(c) All members agree to abide by the Rules and Code of Conduct of The Societies of Photographers.
4. Every member shall at all times present himself/herself, his/her photography services, in such a manner as will uphold and dignify his/her professional status and the reputation of The Societies of Photographers.
5. Every member shall exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of the duties agreed to be performed by him/her giving consideration to the requirements of the client. Additionally members must have the appropriate professional indemnity and public liability insurance where appropriate.
6. Any member being an employee shall not undertake photographic work outside his own organisation without notifying or obtaining permission from his employer.
7. In whatever capacity a member may be engaged he/she shall act in a just and faithful manner towards clients, employers, employees and towards others with whom his/her work is connected and towards other members.
8. No work shall be undertaken by a member acting by/as a consultant or practitioner on the invitation of a prospective client without a proper fee.
9. A member, on being approached or being instructed to proceed with any photographic service upon which he/she is aware another member is engaged, shall notify the fact to such other member in a professional manner.
10. A member will not lay claim to any qualification or distinction that has not been properly achieved.
11. The competition is open to all members. Images submitted for competition may be used for promotional use by The Societies of Photographers, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
12. Full members may register for The Societies of Photographers’ Forum. The Societies of Photographers, reserves the right to withdraw Forum membership for breaches of the Forum rules, a copy of which can be found on the Forum.
13. Use of logos – members may only use the logos of The Societies of Photographers, which they subscribe to. If using the logo/s on a website then a hyperlink to the relevant ‘Society’ must be created.
14. Members agree to receive regular newsletters via email.
Code of conduct:
Members of The Societies of Photographers are governed by the Code of Conduct of the Society. The clauses given above indicate the general standard of conduct to which members must adhere in carrying out their professional duties. The Societies of Photographers has power at its absolute discretion to expel or to suspend from membership any member guilty of dishonourable conduct prejudicially affecting his/her professional status or the reputation of The Societies of Photographers or for his/her failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct published by The Societies of Photographers.
The Societies of Photographers, B.P.P.A Limited, Clwyd Chambers, Clwyd Street, Rhyl, Denbighshire, LL18 3LA UK Tel 01745 356935